18 May 2008

coming out of retirement

I have completed my lifeguard certification class and will be coming out of retirement to guard at the pool here at the settlement. It has been a few years since guarding at camp, I was surprised at how much I did remember. The pool here is used mostly by kids in the summer recreation program and by work campers here in the summer. The settlement was kind enough to pay for my class and I will be volunteering my hours, I plan on still working on the farm this summer as well. It will be nice to have something different to do and to get to know some of the kids better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm proud to hear you're going to be a lifeguard emeritus! (That's the correct term, right?!) Don't be showing those kids any tricks like "hey, look this bottle conditioner will float!" or anything! And luckily if you drop your watch in the water, you'll find it in less than 2 years. Hahaha, miss you A LOT.

From, the girl who used to sit on the other lifeguard dock and who mastered the art of cooking bacon (even if she didn't eat it) at beach parties that we hosted :)

Anonymous said...

Eric and Sarah - Great to see you guys last week! Have a great summer and don't let the heat get to you! Let us know if the addition is ever finished! Bob and gang!