18 August 2008

camping in the wilderness


Last weekend Mike and I decided it would be a good night to hike into the mountains here at the Settlement and spend the night. We packed our tent and food for dinner and enough stuff to last us a week but we were going for less than 24 hours. With our packs loaded down we went out here. (The blue is our campsite, red is our apartment). We got there in time to see the sunset and then made some pizza sandwiches but Mike had forgotten the sauce so they were really like grilled cheese, but they were good anyway. It was nice to be so far away from everything and just relax out in the woods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg eric yetter i totally have the same shirt. I am so embaressed

Anonymous said...

The Men look good in your picture! I'm surprised I didn't come back with poison ivy. Tomorrow is the decision about oil drilling. I saw the Chesapeake Tanks and Well early this morning. Thanks for being such a gracious host and hostess for Scott and Chelsea on Sunday. We enjoyed the tour of the Campus. They left your book. Chelsea remembered to take her beautiful fern. Thanks. I filled out a recommendation for you for AmeriCorps yesterday. We enjoyed the Cave on Monday and Pine Mountain yesterday (including miniature golf!) I also won one game of ping pong against Scott!!!
Mike Tupper