08 October 2008

getting ready

As I read Scott's comment, I realized that my last real blog entry was the one I wrote of the extreme pain I felt at the thought of leaving here.

The pain is now not as sharp as it was that night.

The fact that Eric's job and the apartment fell into place so quickly make me think that we are doing the right thing by heading back north. This confuses me. There is so much need here--so much that we could help with--why is God making it so easy for us to return to where we came from? It must be that he's got something else for us to do.

I know I shouldn't try to guess what God's planning, but I'm the type of person who wants to know the answer, so I'm going to try to figure it out. Here's one possibility: Before we came down to Kentucky, I had envisioned this year as one of tremendous personal growth. Ok, maybe "tremendous" is a little too strong--let's say "increased personal growth." It didn't turn out that way. I feel like I did some good, but there were occasions when I felt like I wasn't being challenged....or maybe that I didn't challenge myself. Maybe God is giving me an opportunity to start fresh--or maybe he's got a new challenge for me.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and there's something completely different in store for us.

No comments: