07 December 2007

better late than never

We have been delinquent in keeping up with our blog, hopefully we will get to catch up some over this weekend. My mother was here for the week of Thanksgiving, we put her to work in the Library for a few days and then did some eating and touring.

Mom made the pies and squash and I made the bird and the rest, I ended up stacking dishes in the oven and mashing the potatoes with a tomato slicer.



Sarah did not feel well wednesday or thursday, we tried to take care of her but I think The Monkees on DVD did it better than I did.



On Friday and Saturday we saw some buffalo, and went to the overlook at Cumberland Gap. We looked for antiques and crafts and christmas gifts.



Saturday night we went to Webb's and ate too much food and saw some live music.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear from you again. Your Mom had such a good time with you - haven't h eard as much about your time together as I want to. I knew you'd have her picture on here and glad to see you and Sarah in that beautiful KY view.

Keep up the good work! Bring some apple butter to sell to me when you come home, please.

Love, Grama and Grandad, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on your blog - we have been missing you. The pictures are all great and the pie looks like a picture from a cook book. I would really like to know how you can mash potatoes with a tomato slicer - must have been fun! love you lots, mom r :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been waiting to see if she was really there!! Sorry you weren't feeling well, Sarah. Is that a bucket next to the couch? Oh dear! Can't wait to see you on New Year's. Love, Aunt Joan

Unknown said...

Sorry to learn that Sarah was not feeling well. Looks like you had some interesting touring. We thought of you tonight as we watched the
Christmas pageant at CM Church. It seems like a long time ago you & Chris & liz were in it together. thinking of you and hoping that you are well. david & mary

Anonymous said...

Eric you are truly a mountain man, and I am proud of you for using the creativity of using a tomato slicer to mash the potatoes, brilliant!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Yeppir! Thats my boy! Wooly mountain man meets wild buffalo. Half expect captn Call and Augustus Macrae to come riding over the hill. And to everyone else, if a crescent wrench can be a hammer, a tomato slicer can mash taters!

Tara said...

When sans potato masher, the bottom of a pint glass works too. Just in case.

Eric, you're beard is so...face-covering.

Anonymous said...

THANKS for having me! I had a wonderful time visiting you! Great to see Henderson Settlement and help a litte. So glad we had an evening with your pastor Mike & wife Lori. I enjoyed meeting your co-workers, some seniors, & the kids at Henderson too. The shopping in KY was fun - some interesting corn related crafts and gords. Thanks - Thanks - Thanks Love Mom Y