13 December 2007

let it snow...

As I was driving back to our apartment from the Settlement's Christmas dinner yesterday evening, I heard on the radio the song "Let it Snow." It made me think of home, where they got a whole bunch of snow yesterday--enough to close the library in Scranton and enough to close everything in the Binghamton area!

I am jealous. We're supposed to get a whole lot of rain tomorrow, and then we may get a wintry mix tomorrow night into Sunday, but that's going to max out at an inch....if we're lucky.

My mom was kind enough to take pictures of the winter wonderland at home, so here's what the beehives at Honey Hills Farm looked like yesterday:

We love it here, but we are anxious to come home for a little while. We miss snow and closings and Interstate 81, but most of all, we miss our friends and family! Up until this week, Eric has been more anxious than I have been, but now every time I hear a Christmas song, I get really sentimental for home.

So would y'all please save some snow for us? We're going to need to get our fill in the two weeks that we're home.

I leave you with another picture taken by my mom:
The message is mutual--we love you, too! We can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up until now I have been doing pretty well, too, for not having seen either of my daughters for almost 3 months - but I actually felt myself tearing up as I was reading your blog. Sooo, I am writing this to warn you that I may pull an Aunt Barb on you when you come home. Love you lots, mom r:)

Anonymous said...

We luv u guys, too. We'll see you soon, now! Your mom made out well today, Eric.
One other thing, what do you want from Santa?
With love, Grama S (Grampa,too)