31 July 2008

trip north - Sarah's edition

Now it's my turn to talk about my trip north.


The beginning is the same as Eric's version, but on Monday morning, Christie picked me up from Jurisdictional Conference in Harrisburg, and we headed toward NEPa.


We spent a day or so visiting with Gramsy and with our cousin Darcy and her family.



Then we went and spent another day or so at our parents' home.


It was nice to relax with them for a while before heading back to Baltimore, where Christie and Tim live. While I was visiting them, I got to meet some more of Christie's friends, which was great.


We had some good Sister Time, watching girl movies (Enchanted and Mamma Mia) and just being together and hanging out and talking, which was wonderful since we don't get much time to do that.


We went to Artscape, which was fantastic. I'm not sure why, but I didn't take a picture of the car covered with singing fish and lobsters. Maybe it's because you had to be there to fully appreciate it. I don't care who you are--it would've blown your mind. Here's a picture of the bus covered with random stuff.


And here's one of the other interesting sights from Artscape--hahahahahaha!


Eric joined us on Saturday afternoon, and that evening we went to see the Baltimore Orioles play the Detroit Tigers. Christie brought her knitting.


The fans were exceptionally rowdy, and the game was exciting right up until the very end.

On Sunday, after attending Christie and Tim's new church, we headed up to Lancaster to the wedding of one of my friends from Eastern College. It was a beautiful service, and it was so good to see some of my friends from school.


Then we headed back to Baltimore and got some more time to spend with Christie and Tim.


And then on Monday, we headed back to Kentucky and jumped into time with family and friends again!

It was a wonderful trip for me--getting a chance to relax and spend time with people I love. I just wish that someday Christie and I could live down the street from each other.

No comments: