26 September 2008

busy, busy, busy

In the past two weeks we have been very busy, here's an update with some of our activities.

  • Saturday the 13th my father came down to get a truck load of stuff to take back home.
  • My mother drove down following him to stay the week, more on that later.
  • Sunday the 14th we went to speak at the Lower Beech Fork and Thousandsticks UMC where Steve and Dianne Springer serve. Sarah's home church has a supportive relationship with them and my first interaction with Appalachia Kentucky came on a mission trip to their church. We told them some about what we are doing and had a great lunch afterwards.
  • Our friends from the Park Terrace Community UMC in Apalachin NY came for a week of work camp. I worked with them most of the week. We sided a home, and were done on Thursday, I had some tasks of building greenhouse tables, picking gourds and catching some loose piglets to keep us busy on Friday.
  • On Tuesday night we took a late night road trip to Cumberland Falls state park for the moonbow, My mother and Mike Tupper joined us, it was well worth staying up until 1am. We were disappointed that Sonic was closed on our way though.
  • Last weekend Sarah, my mother and I went to Nashville for the weekend. We got to see a show at the Grand Ole Opry, go to the Country Music HOF as well as trip to a good music store, and dinner with live music.
  • This week I am finishing up projects and getting ready to head north. I am driving up Sunday and have several interviews next weekend. It's not easy to leave the friends that we have made here, but it is exciting to have new possibilities. Sarah will be staying here for a few weeks while I interview and if that is successful find an apartment, it will be odd as we have only spent a few nights apart (besides sleeping on the couch due to snoring) while being here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the conformation that your Mom visited! Looking forward to seeing you. Love, Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

Sarah, wanted you to know I am praying for you today. For Eric that he has a safe trip. For you that you can feel Gods work in your life and the sorrow of leaving you new friends and "church family" not dampen the joy and satisfaction of your time in KY. hugs judy

Anonymous said...

Separation from someone you love is not fun. I'll keep you both in my prayers til things work out and you're back together. I hope time flies and his missions are quickly successful. good luck!
Crystal