20 September 2008

not ready

Eric is leaving in a week for some job interviews, and I don't think that he's coming back, except to pick me up. This means that our time at Henderson Settlement is quickly coming to a close. It's been on my mind a lot this week, and it really hit me hard at the closing worship for work camp this evening.

I'm not ready to go.

I'm not ready to leave Mike & Lori, Mark & Linda & Rachel, Kim & Lisa, Lona & James.
I want to see what happens with the Settlement.
I hate for the library to be left hanging in limbo.
I'm not thrilled about living in Binghamton.
I'm afraid that I'm not going to find a job that I love.
I'm nervous about going back to the way things used to be.

I know that there are good things about going back north, and I know that it's time to go. Right now, though, I feel really sad about leaving this place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you. Have been thinking about you. Just asked you Mom yesterday how you were. Change is always scary. Trust that God has good things planned for you. So far, so good, right? I love you judy hugs to you and Eric

Anonymous said...

PS...it is ok to be sad, He knows and will comfort you judy

Anonymous said...

I can't blame you for not wanting to leave such a loving and caring environment and all within walking distance - truly my kind of people and my kind of place. I would be lying if I said I wasn't wishing you were closer to home, but TD and I have been, and will continue to pray that God will open the way for you and Eric to be where He wants you to be. We love you lots and lots, beaumont mom and dad :)