24 November 2008

the return of our cat

For the past two years, our cat Amelie has been living with my very generous parents while we've been in living situations where a cat was not allowed.

About four weeks ago, we felt like we had our apartment settled enough to go and fetch her. Eric said, "Let's go tomorrow to get our cat," and I said, "But it's going to snow." Eric, ever the fearless adventurer, replied, "Let's go anyway!" So we climbed into the pickup and headed down the road, seeing this sort of weather along the way:


We got all of the necessaries from my mom, convinced the cat to climb into her carrier, and drove back through the snow to Bevier Street. She investigated everything inside the apartment and then peeked out the windows. Apparently she did not like what she saw, as she growled audibly and then ran upstairs to hide under the bed.


She spent several days with this sort of behavior, but now she's gotten used to the neighborhood and likes to spend her days surveying the activity in the street.

She's particularly fond of sitting on the steps like a queen and looking down on us in the living room.


It's really great to have our cat back. Since I have yet to begin any job, I especially appreciate her presence on days when Eric's at work. Even though she's deaf, it sometimes seems better to talk to her than to talk to myself!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to my parents for taking care of her during these past two years. It's not always been a pleasant task, but we appreciate it very much.

I'll leave you with this parting shot that Eric took of our wild beast.

1 comment:

Penny Reid said...

I just finished sweeping under the sofa and discovered 3 toy mice that were being swallowed by dust bunnies. I will clean them up and save them for Amelie. Love you lots.