17 December 2008

Christmas cards

When I was in high school, I vowed that I would never give/send out Christmas cards until I had a place of my own. Eric and I started sending them out after we got married, but a couple of years in there, they became Valentine's Day or St Patrick's Day cards because of our inability to budget time to write a letter and prepare the cards during the appropriate timeframe.

I have often wondered what the point is of sending Christmas cards to people that you see often or on Christmas or around Christmas, but this year, for some reason, Christmas cards seem very important to me. I'm not sure whether it's the fact that I'm home much of the day by myself or whether it might be that I don't feel settled yet in Binghamton and want reminders of all of the people that I care about.

Or maybe it has something to do with the sweet set-up we have for displaying Christmas cards:


(I took this picture several days ago, so if you don't see the card that you sent, don't worry--it's probably up there by now.)

This is not intended to guilt you into sending us a card! It's just to express my excitement for Christmas and for hearing from loved ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Eric & Sarah,

I really enjoyed your Christmas letter, and am glad to hear from you.

Those in our family who can are coming to our house for brunch on the 25th. I understand you can't be with us then, but want you to know the plan. Then on Jan 1, we'll all gather at the Smiths, not sure of hour, or other details. But we'll see you then!

Merry Christmas till then!

Love, Grama Stoughton