18 April 2008

general conference

Last May I was elected as an alternate delegate of Wyoming Annual Conference to attend the United Methodist Church General Conference. Tomorrow morning we will start driving west to Fort Worth TX, taking our time to go through Memphis TN and Hot Springs AR, what other chance would we have to drive through that part of the country. I have been receiving lobbying letters and DVD's and wading through the three large books of resolutions that will come before the conference. As an alternate I may spend some time with voice and vote when our two primary lay delegates may need a break but in general I will be able to pick and choose which sessions I will attend. During the next two weeks I as well as our other delegates and Sarah, who is a page, will be posting thoughts here.

No comments: