02 April 2008

hooray for visitors!

Last week, we were happy to have my sister Christie and her husband Tim come to visit us. Since they're full-time students, they were eager to get away to that ever-popular spring break destination: Frakes, Kentucky!

Here they are in the room where they stayed in the Balldinger Dorm. (Notice the color combination of light peach and dark turquoise--you won't find turquoise-colored bedroom furniture in most lodging facilities!)
They arrived on Monday night, and on Tuesday they did a little sight-seeing while Eric and I worked. Here's Christie flirting with Colonel Sanders (founder of KFC and Kentucky native).
Wednesday and Thursday, Tim and Christie helped me in the library. It was good to have their help, and it was even better to be able to hang out with them. We got to spend the evenings together, playing games, watching America's Next Top Model, and comparing paranoias (turns out Tim and I have some of the same neuroses!).
One evening, Eric took us on a tour of the farm. Here are some week-old piglets. Christie got to hold one of them--it screamed bloody murder!--but unfortunately we didn't take a still photo. (Ask Tim if you want to see the video footage!)
Eric showed us how much calves like lollipops.

And it turns out that we have ferns for heads.

It was so great to get to spend some time with our newestly-wed (yes, Aunt Barb, I know that's not a word) family. I don't know about the guys, but Christie and I got used to seeing each other every night, and it's sad now that we're ten hours apart again. Too bad that nobody's invented a good teleporter yet!

Thanks for visiting us, Christie and Tim--we love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun photos. They really lifted my spirits and energized me to put together the pile of tax returns that I am sure are awaiting my arrival at the office. I would much rather hold a baby pig but hopefully, the day of our Kentucky visit is drawing closer.

Love you lots and lots, mom:)

Unknown said...

Looks life fun! Wish I was up for coming and visiting too.

Anonymous said...

thanks for having us, sarah and eric.. WE love YOU!! guess what.. if anyone googles tim, christie, frakes, ky (like people are probably always doing) they will see us first thing. awesome. miss you and hope you are doing great!

Aunt Barbie said...

Newestly, huh? I guess it has a certain cachet.

So glad Christie and Eric were able to visit and spend some, obviously, fun and quality time.

Now I'm going to goole "tim, christie, frakes ky" and see what comes up.

Aunt Barbie said...

Christie's right.

Wow, first on a page of Google results. Impressive. And she's right....so many people will be searching for those exact terms that....

Anonymous said...

Did you ever hear the one about my Grandad Stoughton (Eric's great-grandad) eating breakfast with the Colonel?? Grandad was traveling for Agway and met this guy over breakfast, who turns out is the Colonel. A real celebrity with our grandad! I didn't know he was from Kentucky. I'd like to sit next to him myself. Love, Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the animals!!