14 October 2007

the long and winding road...

We decided that the best way to help you to understand the roads in this part of the country was to take a video of what it looks like to drive the roads.

A few things to keep in mind while watching this:
  • This road is the quickest route between Frakes and Middlesboro (a town akin to Tunkhannock--maybe a little bigger--or Cortland--minus the university), and EVERYONE uses it.

  • There are memorials on trees alongside the road.

  • The scenery and the views are beautiful on this stretch of road, and it can be distracting.

  • On one side of the road (where we were driving), you're up against the mountainside. On the other side, you're right next to a steep drop-off.

  • There are no guard rails at any point on this road.

  • This road is in good shape, and it's wider than many roads around here.
The song you're hearing the back ground is "Henry Lee" by Dick Justice. I apologize for the poor quality of the video--if I can figure out how to make it better, I'll fix it.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes me want get out my banjo

Unknown said...

i'll git me washboard. :)

Anonymous said...

Be careful and stay alert....I know, I know. I am not your mom... but i am a mom.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah & Eric,

Now a video! You are a-ok! How did you get the red neck to make a video and give a driving lesson?

Maze is going well, Grampa is busy digging potatoes still.

With love, Gram S

Anonymous said...

slow down there, boy! Makes me want to drive that road with the old jimmy. Hope all is well. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

It's probably good there is not much cell phone service there, that would just be trouble :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I did not expect to see the high rocky hill on the right side of the road. Who needs guard rails? J