17 October 2007

warning: bad jokes

I have settled into a routine, Monday mornings I help to get work groups set up with their tools and supplies. I will continue to do this until the work camp season slows down at the end of the month. The rest of the week first thing in the morning I usually go to feed grain to the calves and bulls and make sure they have water. After that I have been doing whatever has been needed, water mums, build fence, clear brush, split wood, etc. I am gaining blisters and a farmers tan. Starting this Friday I will begin looking for grants in search of at least one to write for. It will be nice to put some of my social work education to use.

This week I have worked with Ray, he is a local volunteer and we have built some fence and split a lot of wood. Ray has quit smoking, but when he says that he quit I assume he means cigarettes because he still smokes grape flavored swisher sweets, If I have to be a second hand smoker that is my smoke of choice. Ray is funny and has a heavy accent, sometimes hard to understand. He is inventive, he has build his own car from scratch, which he calls his "buggy". I will share two jokes he told me, I don't think I understand them but they are still funny(I give warning that the first one is a bit crude).

Q: What do you get when you cross an ass and an onion?
A: An ass that will make you cry!

Q: What do you call a farmer with a sheep under each arm?
A: A playboy!

And a News Update: Seth kept all the eggs down.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh brother.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, the sheep joke is 100% KY. I can't wait to see the farmer's tan, and I would like to see the calves, as long as it's not early morning.

Anonymous said...

Souonds like you are both having fun - AND working hard. Can;t imagine so many books - sounds like thesemi-annual Ithaca library booksale. That's fun - we;ll go sometime.
We're having our Turkey supper Saturday. Nana is coming down.
Joan and I will cook squash tomorrow, a LOT of it. Love, Grama S.

Anonymous said...

Souonds like you are both having fun - AND working hard. Can;t imagine so many books - sounds like thesemi-annual Ithaca library booksale. That's fun - we;ll go sometime.
We're having our Turkey supper Saturday. Nana is coming down.
Joan and I will cook squash tomorrow, a LOT of it. Love, Grama S.

Anonymous said...

I think we need a picture of Ray and his buggy. And the farm too. Mom Y