11 February 2008

the story of my life

For my birthday, Miss Lori's first graders did two different interpretations of the story of my life. The first was sort of a Mad Lib--Lori made up the basic outline, and she left some details for them to fill in. The underlined and italicized words are the ones that the kids supplied.

A Silly Story for Sarah
By the Frakes School Center 1st Grade Class

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Sarah. She was born in a barn. Her mother looked at her and said, "I think I will name her Sarah because she is so sweet."
Sarah grew fast. Her favorite food to eat when she was a baby was rocks. When she went to Kindergarten, her teacher told her, "You remind me of Elvis."
When she was in first grade, her best friend was a clown. When Sarah graduated from high school, she went to college.
When she grew up, she wanted to be a doctor. Sarah met Eric and he said to her, "Will you marry me?"
Now Sarah lives happily in a clown school, doing tricks.
The Frakes First Grade class loves Miss Sarah and wishes her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Isn't that great?? I especially love the idea of Mrs Kaufer telling me that I remind her of Elvis. Hahahahaha!

The second interpretation of my life story was integrated with the kids' math lesson. Clever Miss Lori taught timelines that day, and each student was given a piece of my life to illustrate. I think that these amazing pictures speak for themselves.


3 comments:

Dawesome said...

And then one day, her cousin ____ came a long and he was so awesome that Sarah said _____. And then they ate cake.

Anonymous said...

Sarah & Eric,

I love you guys AND your blogs!!

Your birthday was super, wasn't it? Tim, Deb & Faith took us to dinner on the 5th. They brought gifts and flowers, including cala lillies. Grandad gave me a lovley red & whit ec arnation arrangement with a white teddy bear.

Joan gifted me on Saturday , with sev eral baked goodies and daffodilts ready to blossom - they are gorgeous now!

Emily's family had left my birthday gift in December - a lovely large fryingpan - Will makes breakfast here and knew what i needed.

Your Mom is at Emily's now for a few days to help be a florist! She and I (andJOan) will go scrapboooking on Sat and then Linda said we'd celebrate OUR day - so my clebrations are more traditional, but going on for quite a time. "this is your life" was so clever.

Sunday afternoon, we went to Binghamton where we heard a wonderful concert by Timothy Lefebvre, a super baritone, and a great pianist. VERY enjoyable!
With love,

Gram and Grandad S

Anonymous said...

I especially love that graduated in the trees!