29 February 2008

SNOW

Remember the parable about the woman who kept demanding justice from a judge until he finally gave in? The one that teaches about persistence in prayer? Well, I had been praying for snow for about four weeks, and this Wednesday, God answered my prayer! (I guess that makes me sort of a nag, but in this case, I don't care!)

Mr T measured six and a half inches when we visited the Tuppers for dinner that evening. That's a real snow! It snowed on and off all day, making everything fluffy and white and wonderful. Everyone blamed me for the snow, and I cheerfully took the blame. It was beautiful, and now my winter is complete

Here's what it looked like:


There are a few workcampers at the Settlement this week, and since they couldn't make it to their project site, Eric put them to work in the greenhouse. They were happy to be in where it was warm and dry!



Eric even had to break out his rubber boots to keep his feet dry on our walk to the Tuppers'.
Now my thoughts are turning toward spring....and warmer weather that will force the reduction of Eric's Giant Beard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You kids are ok! Love the pictures, and am glad to hear your winter is now complete! I didn't think you'd get snow so far south. We have snow now also, Grampa went snow shoeing today. Uncle Tim plowed the drive-way. And Aunt Joan, your Mom and I enjoyed our semi-annual shopping trip to BonTon. (it's part of a fundraiser for our church).

Keep the news coming. We love hearing from y ou! Grama & Grampa S.

Anonymous said...

My mom volunteered to come down and shave off Eric's beard...She also said payback is fun! :)
Sarah Hungerford