03 March 2008

visitors

I am belated in posting this but here it is. A few weeks ago My father, Becky, Shelby and My cousin Lizzie were able to come visit us for a few days, it was great to have them. Sunday was a rainy day but we made the most of it and gave them the tour of H.S. before going to Middlesboro. My father was (un)fortunate enough to be in the passenger seat as we drove over the mountain. I thought he was going to jump in my lap as we went around corners with no guardrails and he was looking fifty feet down. (I remember him being nervous when he rode with me driving the GMC as a teenager too, and those were just hills in Berkshire.) We went to the Cumberland Gap overlook and got to see a cloudy, rainy view of three states, but we had it to ourselves.



On Monday and Tuesday the girls worked at sizing and sorting the never ending pile of clothes at the thrift store. I was able to show my father around the farm that I am working on for once, and put him to work too. We fed and worked cattle, loaded and delivered wood, and got some long overdue trees cut down without injuring ourselves.



They came during the height of basketball season and were fortunate enough to see TWO basketball games. Monday night was Frakes School's homecoming and we played two scrimmage games and I got to be head coach for a little while. The other was a playoff game at the county high school, complete with announcers and lots of cheerleaders.


This picture is from our homecoming, coaching the alumni boys. My record as head coach is 0-2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the only reason I could tell you were in that picture was because of your gynormous beard. Keep tying at that head coaching gig... one more time, and you'll have it!