29 March 2008

the beard


As many of you know or have seen, I had quit shaving since we got here. I figured that as I was working on the farm I did not have to try to impress anyone, plus I'm lazy. When I stopped shaving I wasn't sure how long it would last but I figured that six months would be a good even time and that would keep me warm in the winter. It is the longest that I have let the beard go, previously it was 3 or 4 months. The kids on the basketball team called me 'fro face and rubbed it for good luck. My wife and small children have been scared of it, except Seth who thought it was a toy and liked to pull on it.

Early in this journey I would look in the mirror and see my fathers reflection. When I was young he would grow a beard in the winter, granted he would trim his. But I guess as I am spending time as a farmer that makes sense. So to the delight of my wife I have trimmed the beard and its back to its normal manicured self...and my neck is cold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although Eric is not smiling in this photo I am sure Sarah is. Hope the weather cooperates with your new look.

Love you lots, mom r:)

Anonymous said...

Eric, please smile and be happy!
You are so handsome,beard or no.
Love, Grama S

Anonymous said...

I agree with first 2 comments, a smile would be great. Would love to see Sarah's smile too !!!
judy :)

Anonymous said...

You look so old, I mean grown-up looking. It's throwing me for a loop!