12 March 2008

busy!

Wow. It's been a week since we posted...that's not good!

Things in the library have been very busy. Last Wednesday we had about 25 people in the library at once! It was a program with the Early Steps to School Success (ESSS) program--there were several families there, as well as the preschool class from the Frakes School. Linda (the family resource staffperson at the school) dressed up as the Cat in the Hat, and she read to the kids, and Kim read, too, and so did I. It was a lot of fun! Unfortunately (again), I didn't have my camera with me.

We've also had some people coming into the library more regularly, which is nice to see! Things that are always popular are mysteries and Christian fiction, and movies (most of the collection is on VHS!) have been going out a lot, too.

Yesterday afternoon I had six work campers helping in the library--high school and college kids--which was nice! I'm not used to having that many at once, but they did a good job and helped me move some furniture around and making it easier to walk around and get to the books.

Also, I've been working on revamping Henderson Settlement's website. I'm hoping to have it finished and ready to be "unveiled" sometime in April...we shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that some of the works of Christian fiction that fill our shelves could be of use in your library? I would be glad to bring them along when we come to visit.

Love you lots, mom r:)